The campaign ‘Gandhi Going Global’ will culminate as a celebration in its first year on 24th, 25th & 26th May 2019. On these days, a huge mass of people from India and USA will come together and celebrate 150th birth anniversary of the Mahatma – Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, in one of the largest convention halls of New Jersey, USA. More than 500 NGOs and organizations, 400+ universities and 100+ high schools will be participating in this event and 25,000+ visitors are expected to visit the Expo during these three days.
- Display of replicas of rare memorabilia by Gandhi Research Foundation, Sabarmati Ashram, and National Gandhi Museum
- Display and distribution of books & literature on Gandhi by various organizations
- Screening footage of Gandhiji’s life and his public addresses
- Patriotic & cultural program by leading artists in music and dance
- Exhibition of khadi, handicrafts as well as Gandhi souvenirs
- Exhibiting Dr. Martin Luther King’s work and contribution for American society
- Problems of today’s world & Gandhian philosphy as a solution
- Non-violence and peace in practice
- Gandhi with us, Gandhi within us
- Future challenges and Gandhi
- Gandhi and Transformational Leadership
The celebration Gandhi Going Global 2018 will end with the commitment to carry Gandhi with us and within us. The Gandhi museum and memorabilia replicas will travel to many universities in America, Canada and Mexico to motivate the young generation.